Emily began working in the nonprofit sector during college, and has not strayed far from it since. She believes that the nonprofit sector plays an indispensible role in giving a voice to underserved communities. The combined experience of working both within the nonprofit community and as an advisor to nonprofits has provided her with the ability to understand both the culture within the organization and the particular demands that nonprofits face on a daily basis. By focusing her entire practice on the nonprofit community, she is able to better advise organizations on the unique issues that affect the sector.
- Incorporation and initial start-up issues
- Application for federal tax exempt status
- Ongoing advice regarding federal tax compliance
- Compliance around lobbying, advocacy, and political activities
- Fiscal sponsorship
- Donor Advised Funds
- Charitable solicitation regulation
- Governance and best practices
- Contract drafting and review
- Mergers and Dissolutions
- Operational and governance policies
- Sales tax and property tax exemption issues
Latest blog post...
Today is the day! The third annual Santa Lawyer contest is officially underway. Santa Lawyer is looking forward to seeing which organizations are nominated this year and as promised, we will be posting holiday themed photos for your viewing pleasure throughout the duration of the contest. Don’t forget to use #santalawyer when you tweet! Here is a link to the rules, to refresh your memory.
We are also announcing the official unveiling of www.santalawyer.com! The lawyers at Comet Prancer Rudolph and Claus, LLP, look forward to your visit, where they will be happy to dispense their collective knowledge about nothing at all related to the law.